Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yokoso Japan!

Date:
2-4 October 2010

My Journey Notes:

ようこそ 日本。

Finally, it's a good time for opening a new chapter of my 'fantasy' life. After having a long time struggling everything, I got an offer for postgraduate study in Japan. It's like Allah listening my determined dream as my best friend said to me.

Gratefully, on 3rd of October I safely arrived at Kansai International Airport (KIX), Osaka, Japan. Boarding a Thai Airways airline, my flight take an hours 30 minutes from Kuala Lumpur transited to Bangkok at Survarnabhumi International Airport. From the Siam capital land, it took 5 hours and 5 minutes to arrive at Kansai.

Bangkok Atmosphere:
* It's a large airport as KLIA but malaysia's reputation is better at facilities and services 
   (eg. no aerotrain, no passenger bridge, lack of departure infomation board, and english info )
* Known as 'airport in a garden' as it is decorated with various trait of Orchids (Thai 
   airways's  trademark)  and other tropical flowers.
* The space is really wide and look plain but looking good.
* There are very convinient VVIP waiting rooms for all transit flight's passengers.
* However, everyone was welcomed as 1st class passengers and we were continously honored
   by Thai customs ("Sawaddika").

         Upon arrival, I was welcomed by fellow student from Osaka University.  The temperature surrounding here around 24 degree Celsius.  Then, we took a bus  towards Ibaraki station. The bus travel cost 2000Yen but it took only an hour! Arriving at Byoin mae station, it took 5minutes on walk to reach my temporary room. During my first day, I stay at Kasugaoka House, Osaka University. Although it's 3000Yen/night, I felt really comfortable at their services.

         On 4th of October, I started to settle my registration procedures. As an international student of Osaka University, I need to prepare for alien registration, national health insurance and oppening a new bank account. Indeed, I was really grateful  and felt relieve having much helps from fellow students. At the same day, I moved in my permanent  room at Satsukigaoka. It's nearby Minami Senri train station. So, starting on that day, it's approximately an hour to reach my laboratory. Traveling 25 minutes walking to Minami Senri, 10 minutes boarding a train to Kita-Senri station and then 25minutes  more walking indeed really 'adventurous'!  Thus, it maybe one day I'll buy a bicycle.

         A day later, there was an official enrolment ceremony for engineering postgrade student. At this moment, then we're officially admitted as "Handai gakusei" or "Osaka Univ. Student".  At the end of ceremony, a welcoming parting was held. There, I met other international friends from Korean, Indonesian, Philipines, Arabs and ever Japanese. Alhamdulillah, I got know some of Malaysian student too and they are really friendly and helpful.



Bangkok International Airport

 Thai airways interior plane

Arrival at Kansai International Airport (KIX)

Waiting for a bus to Ibaraki from the airport
It;s 9.20am departing a bus to Osaka Univ.

At Ibaraki station to take another bus
Osaka Monorail Station : It's opposite the Osaka Univ. Hospital

Sightseeing at Namba city.
Waiting at train station in Shin Osaka



My temporary room at Kasugaoka House

Minami-Senri Train station towards Kita-Senri for reaching to Osaka Univ.
Registration procedure at City Hall, Osaka
.

Opening a new account at Ikeda Bank



Cafetaria University (Gratefully, Halal dishes available)










 Official Enrollment Ceremony for Engineering Postgrad Student
 Tribute to my professor


 Welcoming party




 Entering my laboratory


3 comments:

  1. "I've got a tight grip on reality but I can't,
    let go of what's in front of me here,
    I know you leave in the morning when you wake up,
    Leave with me with some kind of proof it's not a dream..."

    This phrase is for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam, hi,

    how if feels like studying at japan? are u final student?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taufik: Lirik lagu k? Thank you so much taufik. It's nice phrase. Byk ak motivate dr ko.hehe.I hope u'll do ur best what u did :)

    Puteri: Welcome to my blog!
    Alhamdulillah, everything good. I'm just 7days staying in Japan. Doing master at Osaka. So, tell me who u're. Nice to know u.

    ReplyDelete