Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

I Climbed The Great Wall !

My Calender Journey:
24th June 2010, Summer Season.
The expedition took 5 hours to reach the peak of Badaling pass Great Wall.

My Findings:
I guess many people around the world keep asking :
Why did the Chinese people build the Great Wall ?
I find the following answer after meeting my new Chinese friend, George Wu:

In ancient times, the south of China had developed advanced agriculture, whereas the north was still comparatively backward. Adverse natural conditions forced the northen nomads to migrate to wherever water and pastures were available, surviving on herding and hunting, and vying over the wealth of the farming people on the Central Plains to the south.

My Travel View:
I keep my mind, the Great Wall thus became an effective military barrier against cavalries from the north especially Mongolians.



Believe it or not Great Wall's structure  made of kaolin mixed eggs and glutanous rice.
Badaling gate: one of the best spot of Great Wall
Hill view

Great Wall at the peak
Majestic scenery

Enjoying 4hours on peak's one of seven wonders.

Two teracottas guarding the Wall
Army block's residents at the Wall

2 comments:

  1. wah3x.... hehehe...hebat2 gambar diletaknya...nti kat jepon wat entry gak tau....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... Ada byk lagi foto2 penjelajahan ak. Nantikan:)

    ReplyDelete